Young People

Your Rights

Children have a right to be protected from harm and have their basic physical and social needs provided. Whilst living in a foster home you should not be denied food, be shouted at, threatened with violence, be denied sleep or have your contact visits used as a punishment. You have a right to be looked after as part of a warm loving family and to be kept safe. Your rights are detailed in many separate pieces of law and guidance notes.

Click on the links below for more details. A good place to start is -

if you believe your rights are being denied or not respected you can make a complaint. Go to our complaints page to find out more. We hope that you will enjoy living with your foster family and will feel that your needs are being met. However, there may be times when you feel you need to make a complaint about something. We take all complaints very seriously and do not want you to be afraid to tell us if you are not happy.

It is important to consider who the complaint is actually about as there are a number of ways you can make a complaint.


If your foster carer, you can complain directly to Parent and Child Fostering Services by telephoning the office on

You can also speak to the Registered Manager, the social worker who visits your carers or your own social worker.

Your social worker, your school, college or any other organisation and your Foster Carer can support you in making a complaint. Most organisations have a complaints procedure and process which you can follow.

In addition, there are a number of charities and organisation which can support you in making a complaint.

VCC - Voice of the Child in Care. If you are unhappy with decisions that have been made about your care you can call VCC to speak to an advocate. An advocate is someone who speaks up on behalf of someone else and helps them to get the things that they are entitled to.
tel: 020 7833 5792


OFSTED - This is the government appointed body which inspects organisations that provide services to young people. Parent and Child Fostering and Services and your school are regularly inspected by Ofsted and you can make a complaint directly to them using the contact details below.
Royal Exchange Buildings
St Ann's Square
M2 7LA
Telephone 0300 123 1231

For more information or a copy of the full complaints procedure please click here, ask your foster carer, the social worker or ring the office.


Continental House, 497 Sunleigh Road, Wembley, Middlesex, HA0 4LY
Phone: 0208 733 8213 | Fax: 0208 733 8214 | Mobile: 07956 924625